Tuesday 12 February 2013

Lamb and Feta Burgers

I was really excited to try this recipe. I mean, who doesn't like a good burger? I hadn't really played around with different meat options before, which is ridiculous since there are so many interesting recipes out there! Staying loyal to beef has been so limiting. So, in that vein, I started looking over lamb burger recipes. Some had lemon, some had feta, and some had garlic. I thought, why not all of them? I have a similar recipe for lamb meatballs that include lots of garlic and lemon zest so it seemed natural to add them all together. And the results were delicious! Super easy, fairly healthy (especially if you omit the pitta bread bun) and delicious. This recipe came together so quickly that I'll definitely repeat often! I was a bit too greedy and didn't want to waste time adding salad into my burger (I was hungry!) so that might be a nice addition next time. I also used the sun dried tomato and basil mayonnaise from the last recipe because I still had some on hand. Delicious!

Ingredients

Feta

Ready to mix

On the grill pan

Finished product!

Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 10 min
Serves: 4

Ingredients: 

500g lamb mince
90g feta, chopped/crumbled
2 cloves of garlic, minced
Zest of one lemon
1/4 cup of sliced olives
4 pieces of pitta bread

Method: 

Mix the ingredients together and form into four patties. Grill on a lightly oiled grill pan until cooked through. Toast the pitta bread, slice in half and then place half of each burger into each half of the pitta. Add mayonnaise, onion and other favorites. Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment