Sunday 7 April 2013

Wine and Cheese Party

Last Friday, my lovely flatmate Laure was returning from Paris laden with lots of delicious cheese so we thought it was a great opportunity to have a few friends round for a little wine and cheese night. I love these sorts of evenings since they tend to be cheaper than going out and are pretty simple to pull together in terms of food. I always go a little overboard and serve things other than just cheese and wine because I party food is my favorite food group. It just includes so many of the slightly naughty dishes that I would only ever have a treat or recipes that might be a bit strange if you made them for dinner. And, of course, party nibbles are delicious! Apologies in advance: the pictures aren't brilliant since I was using my phone and trying to be as unobtrusive to our guests as possible... and a few of the recipe results were eaten too quickly to photograph!

Marbled Deviled Eggs

Cheese, Breads and Crackers

Spinach and Artichoke Dip
Cookies, Cheddar and Leek Muffins, Veggies


Because this was just a small get together with a few friends, I didn't want to go too crazy and somehow managed to keep things relatively simple. Another benefit was that I tried to use up ingredients I already had on hand so that they wouldn't go off while I'm in Rome next week. All the recipes included are super easy and can be thrown together pretty quickly if you're trying to host a party after a pretty crazy week like I was! I've given the recipes their own pages so click the links below for more details. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment