Tuesday 13 August 2013

Energizing RedBull and Fruit Smoothie

Ok, I know some of you are thinking, "RedBull? In a smoothie? Have you lost your mind? That sounds disgusting." But you would be wrong, very wrong my friend. This was delicious. Of course, if you know me, then you know that I'm definitely partial to a bit of RedBull here and there. I tend to buy the sugar free version when I know I have a stressful few days ahead or if I need an instant boost in my energy levels.

Fresh from the blender

This recipe occurred when I wanted to have a smoothie for breakfast but didn't have any juice left in my fridge. I've been pretty terrible about food shopping lately due to a complete lack of appetite so things are getting a little desperate in my poor fridge. So, after surveying my options, I wondered if RedBull would be a worthy substitute. A quick search online told me that I wasn't the first to happen across this combo so I thought I'd give it a try.

Pretty!

I used fresh banana and frozen blueberries because, again, that's what I had on hand but you could easily adapt this to whatever is in your pantry. While you can still taste a bit of the RedBull, it's definitely masked by the fruit and the yogurt gives it a creamy consistency. Give it a try if you're in need of a boost and want to throw a few much needed nutrients in.

Prep Time: 1 min
Cook Time: 1 min
Serves: 1

Ingredients: 

1/2 can of sugarfree RedBull
1/2 cup low fat natural yogurt
1/2 a banana, sliced
1/2 cup frozen blueberries

Method: 

Mix all the ingredients in a blender until smooth. Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment