Monday 3 June 2013

Lunchables: Monday

This week I'm trying out something new for the blog. Since I'm working every day as a teaching assistant, I'm hoping to take my lunch in with me. Should be a good opportunity to use my fancy new box! I'll be posting each day's offerings here so stay tuned!

My new lunchbox!
Very handy having the cutlery included

Monday's lunch was a quick and easy stir fry. When I made dinner yesterday, I kept a small portion aside for a no-brainier lunch. Simple!

Love the little pot for sauces/dressings

Ready to go!
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 15 min
Serves: 1

Ingredients:

1/2 cup aubergine, sliced into bite size pieces
1/2 cup zucchini, sliced
1/2 a small red onion, sliced
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 tsp garlic
100g ready to cook rice noodles
Coconut oil
Olive oil
Soy sauce

Method:

Add a half a teaspoon of coconut oil to a large sauté pan over medium heat. Place the slices of aubergine into the pan and sauté until browned and soft. Add a bit of olive oil if needed. Next add the zucchini and onion and cook until soft. Stir in the garlic and ginger and sauté for a minute or two until the garlic is fragrant. Next toss in the rice noodles and mix with the other ingredients. Add a dash of soy sauce and toss to coat. Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment